Monday, May 11, 2015

Iced Coffee is Amazing

Hi readers,
It's been a long Monday.  Excerpts below, in no particular order:

1.  I had a meeting with my boss about the "direction of my position".  Before lunch.
2. When a friend asked me how I was doing, I burst into tears.
3.  I had 70 grade reports due. At 9 AM.
4.  When a friend asked me how I was doing, I burst into tears. (Yes I know. It happened twice)
5.  I rode a bike home wearing ballet flats.  Try it once and you will understand why it's on the list, I promise.

So, what did I learn today?  

I asked myself the same question as I frantically rooted through my apartment looking for some Valium vodka Nutella relaxing herbal tea.  I learned this readers:

ICED COFFEE IS AMAZING

Without a question, figuring out how to get an iced coffee from my school cafe (more difficult than it sounds, long story for another time) was the highlight of my day.  And when I say "highlight of my day" I mean I was able to have functional conversations for a whole 1.5 hours afterwards.  For example: 

Without iced coffee
Colleague: "Can you have that information by the end of the day?"
Me: "I am going to use my office keys to gauge my eyes out if you don't stop talking to me right now" *makes menacing gesture with office keys*

With iced coffee
Colleague: "Can you have that information by the end of the day?"
Me: "Working on it." *walks away*

See the difference?



No matter how many terrible meetings/annoying children/impossible e-mails are invading your day...just take 20 minutes and go get an iced coffee/latte/americano/whatever.  The caffeine will soothe your stress/exhaustion headache, the ice will be so hydrating/refreshing, it will remind you that it's spring and you might find someone to complain to talk to in the coffee shop.  Let's face it, you are not getting anything THAT productive done on pinterest anyway.  And it's too early to start drinking wine...



Almost Tuesday!  



No comments:

Post a Comment