Monday, July 13, 2015

Summer Trip Planning Tips

Hi readers,

You know I love you but I'm late to a fado show in Porto, so I need to make it quick. I miss writing every day, I miss the routines of September to June, but summer vacation has been rife with wonderful adventures. Best of all, I've had a myriad of types of trips-in hostels, in friends apartments, in classy(ish) hotels. I have been thinking about some general summer trip planning tips and here's my five minute best:

Moderately Important Vacation Advice

1. Know how to say a few words. Please, thank you, menu, bathroom and 'I don't understand you' will do nicely.
2. Find someplace good to stash your passport. And your house keys.
3. Always bring a pashmina-style scarf, a bikini and an awesome face wash. Workout clothing opinional but highly recommended.
4. Stop lots. Stores, cold drinks, church pews, whatever. Extra points for places that are air-conditioned.
5. Eat dessert. At least once. Because whatever, you're on vacation. 

Pictures of Portugal below!







No comments:

Post a Comment