Thursday, August 27, 2015

Summer of Gratitude

Hi readers,

I love summer.

Duh.  Everyone loves summer.  The problem is summer is ending.  For me there are 5 official days left.  I do not want to spend those days thinking "Gah! I wish I had been able to go to Singapore this year! (Seriously-read Crazy Rich Asians.  We all need to go to Singapore immediately).

I want to spend these days reflecting on all the great stuff I did this summer and being grateful that I have what most American adults consider to be an absurd amount of time to travel, relax and generally do whatever I want during each year.

For example...

Today I took 3 hours worth of Spanish classes.  I learned how to say "cooking pot" and talk about the five greatest fears of humankind in spanish.  (We decided they were: nuclear war, the ocean, pain, death and spiders)  I watched the sunset.  I ate dessert twice.  I bought 3 bottles of wine (but one is really small, so 2.5 bottles of wine).  Now I am going to settle in for an evening of reading "Wait...But Why?" articles about Elon Musk and the general future of the human race (hint: we're going to Mars).

This is way better than freaking out about all the stuff I didn't get to do this summer.  I think I am "living in the moment".

Zen is fabulous.



No comments:

Post a Comment